LTUIS Forum
Salamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,
Welcome to La Trobe University Islamic Society Forum.

If you are not a member, please take the time to register.
Alternatively if you are already a member please sign in below,

Enjoy your stay,

Salamu Alaikum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

LTUIS Forum
Salamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,
Welcome to La Trobe University Islamic Society Forum.

If you are not a member, please take the time to register.
Alternatively if you are already a member please sign in below,

Enjoy your stay,

Salamu Alaikum
LTUIS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why are you attending?

+3
SkylineGTR
Yasmin
Nurto
7 posters

Go down

Why are you attending? Empty Why are you attending?

Post by Nurto Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:32 am

Asalamu Alaykum My dear sisters and brothers,

As you may be aware about the events currently taking place on campus where small number of Kuffars have dedicated their time to spreading misconception and straight out lies about Islam.
My dear sisters and brothers I just want to remind you all that this is not a new concept and you only need to look back into our history to realize that they have being doing this type of act and even worse for centuries. What they conceal in their heart is much worse than what utter with mouth.

At the time of Umar ibn Abdul-Aziz and Hisham ibn Abdul –Malik there was an enemy of an Islam by name of Al-Ja’d who tried to re-interpret Quran , there was also others who would publicly accept Islam but had so much hatred for Islam in their hearts whose sole purpose was to spread corruption amongst the Muslims.
As young adults we need to deal with the situation intelligently and not emotionally. By this I mean taking our beautiful way of life seriously and educating our self about our Deen.
We should get angry but what is important is what we do with that anger, we should all do our very best to try and attend Islamic classes, there are classes everywhere which run on weekends, weekdays, mornings and nights , and they are free.
I am not at Uni much this semester but every time I am there I hear a sisters saying “I just want to go and see” after we tell them not to attend.
I would recommend you all not to attend such lectures for Wallahi it is a waste of time and you are listening to people who are dumb, deaf and blind.
Allah the Almighty has already told us in the glorious Quran ‘’ They intend to put out the light of Allah (ie.the religion of Islam, this Quran and Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) with their mouths. But Allah will bring His light to perfection even though the disbelievers hate it.”

Plz forgive me if I have said anything that may have offended anyone.

May Allah the Almighty unite the hearts of the Muslims and make us those who hold on to the rope Allah.
Nurto
Nurto

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Back to top Go down

Why are you attending? Empty Re: Why are you attending?

Post by Yasmin Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:35 am

'alayki as-salaam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

Aameen thumma ameen! Well said, habibtee.

Jazaaki Allaahu khayran!
Yasmin
Yasmin

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2008-03-26

http://www.sayingsofthesalaf.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SkylineGTR Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:51 pm

Walaikum-as-Salam

Jazaks for the reminder. But what events have taken place and how are the lies being spread? Personally I haven't seen it but it is our duty and fard
to dispel and counter any lies that are put forward.
SkylineGTR
SkylineGTR

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by convertgirl Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:26 am

yeah what are these 'events'?

convertgirl

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmin Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:29 am

The 'Christian' union's events.
Yasmin
Yasmin

Back to top Go down

Post by SkylineGTR Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:43 am

Christian Union ey, must keep an eye out from now on.

Didn't notice anything today but if I see some 'lies' being spread I'll certainly say something about it InshAllah.
SkylineGTR
SkylineGTR

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmin Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:35 am

Point is: Muslims on campus should try their best to stay away from their events and tell others Muslims to do the same. We are dealing with a people, who have done many things like this in the past and we need to learn from their tricks and do that which benefits us.

The islamic society will organise events in regards to our perfect religion that Allaah has set for all of mankind. These events are for Muslims and non-Muslims to attend - so try your best to attend such events and let others know about it, insha Allaah.

Thanks...
Was-Salam!
Yasmin
Yasmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nurto Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:30 pm

May Allah reward the brothers and sisters who are in the committee, who are organizing events such as the one last week I ask Allah the Almighty to cover their faults and reward them and those who help out who are not in the committee in this and the next InshaAllah.
Nurto
Nurto

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by convertgirl Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:26 am

can someone PLEASE TELL ME WHATTHE ISLAMIC WEEK is gona be happening
I emailed a sister TWICE and still have no reply

convertgirl

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Merhna Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:10 am

Islamic awareness week is gonna be from the 25th- 29th of May inshaAllah, thats what your talking about right??

Merhna

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohamad Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:27 am

Salam alaykoum,

Regarding the events the Christian Union is running, we should all definitely stay away from them. As the sisters mentioned ( may Allah reward them), there is absolutely no good to come out of their talks. Rather, we should focus on the beauty of our deen, and focus our time and effort on seeking beneficial knowledge. Going to their corrupt events will most likely put doubt in your heart if you do not have the relevant knowledge they are talking about, and this can be very dangerous for a person's Eeman.

Also, attending their events will encourage them to hold more of these pathetic events, as they will realise that they are getting a crowd, and so will obviously continue in the hope that they may affect someone. At the moment, nearly all of their audience is from amongst themselves. This is how we want it to stay inshallah, so I strongly suggest all Muslims avoid these events, and inshallah stick to the beneficial events, such as those that the Islamic Society holds.

May Allah keep us away from all fitan, and give those who seek to destroy Islam what they deserve.

Mohamad

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Halawatul Emaan Wed May 06, 2009 5:04 am

Wacaleykum asalaam,
JazzakaAllahu kheyr br. mohamed.

Your definately right!

May Allah s.w.t reward you..

"Oh Allah,Forgive me all my sins,the small and great of them,the first and last of them and the seen and the hidden of them" Ameen!..
Halawatul Emaan
Halawatul Emaan

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmin Fri May 08, 2009 10:19 am

Another good one by 'Abdullah 'Azzam - may Allaah have mercy on him, ameen.

How to Deal with the Ignorant

“…And from the best ways of dealing with the ignorant is to ignore and avoid them. This is because if you debate with them, they beat you, and if you beat them, they will end up hating you and will not admit your being correct. Therefore, ignore them:

{“So, avoid those who turn away from Our Reminder…”} [an-Najm; 29]

{“…So, overlook their faults in a beautiful manner.”} [al-Hijr; 85]

Avoid them and do not debate them, because debating them puffs up their chests and increases their confidence, and ash-Shafi’i said: “I never debated an ignorant person except that he won, and I never debated a knowledgeable person except that I won.” This is because the ignorant one will deny even the presence of the Sun at noon, and will deny the presence of the Moon on a night when it is full!

So, watch the ignorant die if you avoid them, and be given life if you debate them. It might be that they come to their senses if you ignore them, and will realize their status if you are shown to be above debating and discussing with them – this is if you are sure that he is an ignorant follower of desires, not seeking to admit the truth, and not seeking to follow that which is certain…”

['at-Tarbiyah al-Jihadiyyah wal-Bina''; 1/301]
Yasmin
Yasmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Halawatul Emaan Fri May 08, 2009 11:38 am

MashaAllah..
jazakaAllah for the evidence sr Yasmin

May Allah reward you also
Halawatul Emaan
Halawatul Emaan

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum