LTUIS Forum
Salamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,
Welcome to La Trobe University Islamic Society Forum.

If you are not a member, please take the time to register.
Alternatively if you are already a member please sign in below,

Enjoy your stay,

Salamu Alaikum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

LTUIS Forum
Salamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,
Welcome to La Trobe University Islamic Society Forum.

If you are not a member, please take the time to register.
Alternatively if you are already a member please sign in below,

Enjoy your stay,

Salamu Alaikum
LTUIS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reflection

3 posters

Go down

Reflection Empty Reflection

Post by ibrahim Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:17 pm

Salamu a'laikum wa rahamtulahi wa barakatahu

open this link; read the article then attempt to put your beloved mother in our sister's (basically our mother in Islam) shoes.

Please lets try to constantly and consistently make Dua for all our sisters and brothers suffering, we would never feel how it is like of their suffering until we suffer it too, and this is just an example of how Allah has blessed so lets not take it for granted.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/tungsten-bombs-leave-israels-victims-with-mystery-wounds-1418910.html

ibrahim

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Reflection Empty Re: Reflection

Post by Zamzam Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:18 pm

"I don't know the nature or type of these weapons that make a very small [entry wound] and go on and make massive destruction in the tissues," he said.

Subxanallah, if that is not war crimes; I don't know what is. May Allah allieviate their ordeals and increase their sabr.

I must admit, I have sort stopped following the news as much as I use to due to a feeling of helplessness. I feel like sometimes all we do is sit in the comforts of our home and get angry when we are exposed to these gruesome images and shake our heads when the numbers of "collateral damage" rises.. but we should be out there as it is our obligation to maybe us at LTUIS could organise something insha Allah

On the authority of Abu Saeed Al-Khurdari, who said: I heard the messenger of Allah say:

"Whosoever of you sees an evil action, let him change it with his hand; and if he is not able to do so, then with his tongue; and if he is not able to do so, then with his heart; and that is the weakest of faith."
May Allah help us overcome our weakness to stand up to injustice.
Zamzam
Zamzam

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmin Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:21 pm

'alayk as-Salam wa rahmatullaah wa barakaatuh

Baarak Allaah Feek for the reminder Ibrahim.

Ibn al-Qayyim (rahimahullaah) neatly summed up the ways in which a believer can support his fellow-believer. He said:

There are different ways of supporting a fellow believer: with one’s wealth, with one’s position of authority or power, by means of physical service, by offering sincere advice and guidance, by making supplication (du’aa’) and asking for forgiveness for them, and by feeling their pain. The level of one’s support will be affected by the level of one's faith. The weaker a person's faith, the weaker his support will be; the stronger the faith, the stronger the support. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was the greatest of all people in his support for his companions, so the more closely his followers follow him, the greater will be their support for their fellow-believers.
(al-Fawaa’id, 1/171)

Insha-Allah, we are all supporting our imprisoned and oppressed brethren the way in which they deserve to be supported - ameen.
Yasmin
Yasmin

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2008-03-26

http://www.sayingsofthesalaf.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum