LTUIS Forum
Salamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,
Welcome to La Trobe University Islamic Society Forum.

If you are not a member, please take the time to register.
Alternatively if you are already a member please sign in below,

Enjoy your stay,

Salamu Alaikum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

LTUIS Forum
Salamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,
Welcome to La Trobe University Islamic Society Forum.

If you are not a member, please take the time to register.
Alternatively if you are already a member please sign in below,

Enjoy your stay,

Salamu Alaikum
LTUIS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secret Devotion

4 posters

Go down

Secret Devotion Empty Secret Devotion

Post by Yasmin Mon May 31, 2010 9:10 am

Allaahu akbar! How amazing are our pious predecessors?! These individuals, who are great examples for us to follow, truly excelled in this religion and they did it with sincerity and consistency.. ya Allaah, please guide us to be like them, aameen!

It is reported that Shurayh the Judge used to have a house in which he would spend time alone on Fridays; no one knew what he did in it. Al-Dhahabî, Siyar A’lâm Al-Nubalâ` Vol.4 p105.

It is reported that Abû Al-‘Âliyah said, “I learned writing and the Qur`ân without my family noticing, and not a drop of ink was ever seen on my garment.” Abû Nu’aym, Hilyatu Al-Awliyâ` Vol. 2 p217.

It is reported that when Ibn Abî Laylâ prayed [at night], if someone entered [his house], he would lie down on his bed [as if he was sleeping]. Ibid. Vol. 4 p351.

It is reported that Ayyûb Al-Sakhtiyânî used to pray all night and hide it. In the morning, he would raise his voice as if he had just woken up. Al-Dhahabî, op. cit. Vol. 6 p17.

It is reported that Dâwûd b. Abî Hind fasted for forty years without his family knowing, he would take his lunch out with him and donate it in the street. Ibid. Vol. 6 p378
Yasmin
Yasmin

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2008-03-26

http://www.sayingsofthesalaf.net

Back to top Go down

Secret Devotion Empty Re: Secret Devotion

Post by Hassuni Mon May 31, 2010 11:46 am

Amazing

Hassuni

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Merhna Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:00 am

Wow.... SubhanAllah, these were the true believers and this should be our ultimate aim in life.... to do everything for the sake of Allah.

JazaakiAllah Khair for sharing.

Merhna

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebah Abdul-rahman Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:01 am

wow mashaAllah subhanAllah. It's scary to think that whatever action we do that is not 100% for the sake of Allah is probably not accepted, so it's true that doing things without anybody finding out about it would be the best.

Hebah Abdul-rahman

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Merhna Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:19 am

Yep it sure is the best thing to do! Smile

Merhna

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Hassuni Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:02 pm

one thing!!!!!!!!!
I was talking to some of my friends and telling them that sometimes giving out or donating anything (money or jewellery or....) before and infron of people is good. I know most time it feels showing off. But what i want to say is that donating infront of people encourages others to donate.

Say in Fund raising or help for brothers and sisters or what ever. peole always doubt about giving money. but if someone donate first then money start flowing from peoles poket (banks). the credit goes to the person who donates first as Allah says described that the reward is different for making Jiahd and donating before the fath (opening of Makkah). The one who made jihad and donate before fath of makkah has more reward than after fath of Makkah. but all have great reward. So do you think donating before everyone is bad?
Other thing when people came from far away to the prophet and the prophet saw them he felt mercy on them. those people told him they don't have nothing and their people are starving. the prophet told the sahaba to donate but no one want to donate. when the prophet talked loudly and encouraged the sahaba, one of the sabah donated i think was silver. then the sahaba started donating. and the poor people were happy as the prophet saved them from starvation. but if the first person would hide and donate, do you think all the other sahab would have donated? my opinion is I don't think so.
what about your opinion, do you think donating infrontof everyone is unnecessary? ummmmmmmm

Hassuni

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum