LTUIS Forum
Salamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,
Welcome to La Trobe University Islamic Society Forum.

If you are not a member, please take the time to register.
Alternatively if you are already a member please sign in below,

Enjoy your stay,

Salamu Alaikum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

LTUIS Forum
Salamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,
Welcome to La Trobe University Islamic Society Forum.

If you are not a member, please take the time to register.
Alternatively if you are already a member please sign in below,

Enjoy your stay,

Salamu Alaikum
LTUIS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hadith and Qur'anic Verses ~

+2
Yasmin
Amaal
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hadith and Qur'anic Verses ~ Empty Hadith and Qur'anic Verses ~

Post by Amaal Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:41 am

Allah`s Messenger (peace be upon him) said,

"He who repents of a sin is like him who has committed no sin."

-Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 2357 Narrated by Abdullah ibn Mas`ud

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 39 Surah Zumur verses 53-54:

(O Prophet) say: “O My servants who have wronged their own souls….Do not despair of Allah’s Mercy! Surely, Allah forgives all sins. He indeed is the All Forgiving, All Merciful. Return to your Lord and submit to Him before the scourge (death) overtakes you; for then you may get no help from anywhere.”
Amaal
Amaal

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Hadith and Qur'anic Verses ~ Empty Re: Hadith and Qur'anic Verses ~

Post by Amaal Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:55 am

Narrated 'Abdullah radyaAllahu anhu:

When the Verse:-- 'Those who believe and mix not their belief with wrong." was revealed, the companions of the Prophet said, "Who amongst us has not mixed his belief with wrong?" Then Allah revealed: "Join none in worship with Allah, Verily joining others in worship with Allah is a great wrong indeed." - Bukhair , vol. VI ,book 55 , no.638

Narrated Abu Huraira radyaAllahu anhu:

Allah's Apostle said, "If you want to put on your shoes, put on the right shoe first; and if you want to take them off, take the left one first. Let the right shoe be the first to be put on and the last to be taken off." -Bukhari , vol. VII , book 72 , no. 747

Narrated Abu Huraira radyaAllahu anhu:

Allah's Apostles said, "The worst of all mankind is the double-faced one, who comes to some people with one countenance and to others, with another countenance." -Bukhair , vol. IX ,book 89 , no.290

Last edited by Amaal on Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Amaal
Amaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaal Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:50 am

Anas radyaAllahu 'anhu narrated:

The Prophet sallal lahu 'alayhi wasalam said, "O Allah! There is no life worth living except the life of the Hereafter, so (please) make righteous the Ansar and the Emigrants." - Bukhaari

Anas bin Malik radyaAllahu 'anhu narrated:

Allah's Apostle sallal lahu 'alayhi wasalam said, "The son of Adam (i.e. man) grows old and so also two (desires) grow old with him, i.e., love for wealth and (a wish for) a long life. -Bukhaari

SubhanaAllah. This old woman , may Allah open her heart said to me a month or so ago 'Take off you hijaab, good life' or some nonsense like that..I was utterly scandalized...how true are the words of rasululah! I'll add she was 60+ subhanaAllah.
Amaal
Amaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaal Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:02 am

Translation Al-Muddathir (The One Enveloped)

Bismillahi Rahmaani Rahiim,

O you (Muhammad sallal lahu 'alayhi wasalam) enveloped (in garments)!

Arise and warn!

And your Lord (Allâh) magnify!

And your garments purify!

And keep away from Ar-Rujz (the idols)!

And give not a thing in order to have more (or consider not your deeds of Allâh's obedience as a favour to Allâh).

And be patient for the sake of your Lord (i.e. perform your duty to Allâh)!

Then, when the Trumpet is sounded (i.e. its second blowing);

Truly, that Day will be a Hard Day.

Al-Muddathir 74:1-9
Amaal
Amaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaal Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:06 am

SubhanaAllah. One of my favourite chapters. Beauty is defined in Al-Qur'an.

By the way..of what knowledge you come across..or find interesting..or something that makes the Qalb reflect. Please share fee sabeelilah! May Allah subhana wa ta3ala make us of those who adhere and cling on to Siraatal Mustaqeem.Ameen.
Amaal
Amaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmin Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:26 pm

thumma aameen. barak'Allaahu feeki wa jazaaki Allah khayr!

There's a reason why i made this thread sticky! Now i want 11 pages of this thread, like on the RMIT forum Very Happy yalla, start crackin Razz

sof Smile

====================

Surah Luqman 31, Ayah #22

وَمَن يُسْلِمْ وَجْهَهُ إِلَى اللَّهِ وَهُوَ مُحْسِنٌ فَقَدِ اسْتَمْسَكَ بِالْعُرْوَةِ الْوُثْقَى وَإِلَى اللَّهِ عَاقِبَةُ الْأُمُورِ

Interpretation of the Meaning:

And whosoever submits his face (himself) to Allah [i.e.(follows Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism), worships Allah (Alone) with sincere Faith in the (1) Oneness of His Lordship,(2) Oneness of His worship, and (3) Oneness of His Names and Qualities], while he is a Muhsin (good*doer i.e. performs good deeds totally for Allah's sake without any show-off or to gain praise or fame etc. and does them in accordance with the Sunnah of Allah's Messenger Muhammad, peace and blessing be upon him), then he has grasped the most trustworthy hand*hold [La ilaha ill-Allah (none has the right to be worshipped but Allah)]. And to Allah return all matters for decision.
=============

الَّذِينَ آتَيْنَاهُمُ الْكِتَابَ يَتْلُونَهُ حَقَّ تِلاوَتِهِ أُولَئِكَ يُؤْمِنُونَ بِهِ وَمَنْ يَكْفُرْ بِهِ فَأُولَئِكَ هُمُ الْخَاسِرُونَ

002.121 Those to whom We have sent the Book study it as it should be studied: They are the ones that believe therein: Those who reject faith therein,- the loss is their own.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
فَاذْكُرُونِي أَذْكُرْكُمْ وَاشْكُرُوا لِي وَلا تَكْفُرُونِ

002.152 Then do ye remember Me; I will remember you. Be grateful to Me, and reject not Faith.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُوا لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُوا بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ

002.186 When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way.-------------------------------------------------------------------------
وَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ يَقُولُ رَبَّنَا آتِنَا فِي الدُّنْيَا حَسَنَةً وَفِي الآخِرَةِ حَسَنَةً وَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

002.201 And there are men who say: "Our Lord! Give us good in this world and good in the Hereafter, and defend us from the torment of the Fire!"
زُيِّنَ لِلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا الْحَيَاةُ الدُّنْيَا وَيَسْخَرُونَ مِنَ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَالَّذِينَ اتَّقَوْا فَوْقَهُمْ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَاللَّهُ يَرْزُقُ مَنْ يَشَاءُ بِغَيْرِ حِسَابٍ

002.212 The life of this world is alluring to those who reject faith, and they scoff at those who believe. But the righteous will be above them on the Day of Resurrection; for Allah bestows His abundance without measure on whom He will.------------------------------------------------------------------------
أَمْ حَسِبْتُمْ أَنْ تَدْخُلُوا الْجَنَّةَ وَلَمَّا يَأْتِكُمْ مَثَلُ الَّذِينَ خَلَوْا مِنْ قَبْلِكُمْ مَسَّتْهُمُ الْبَأْسَاءُ وَالضَّرَّاءُ وَزُلْزِلُوا حَتَّى يَقُولَ الرَّسُولُ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا مَعَهُ مَتَى نَصْرُ اللَّهِ أَلا إِنَّ نَصْرَ اللَّهِ قَرِيبٌ

002.214 Or do ye think that ye shall enter the Garden (of bliss) without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? they encountered suffering and adversity, and were so shaken in spirit that even the Messenger and those of faith who were with him cried: "When (will come) the help of Allah?" Ah! Verily, the help of Allah is (always) near!
وَعَسَى أَنْ تَكْرَهُوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ خَيْرٌ لَكُمْ وَعَسَى أَنْ تُحِبُّوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ شَرٌّ لَكُمْ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ وَأَنْتُمْ لا تَعْلَمُونَ

002.216 "...But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."
اللَّهُ وَلِيُّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا يُخْرِجُهُمْ مِنَ الظُّلُمَاتِ إِلَى النُّورِ

002.257 "Allah is the Protector of those who have faith: from the depths of darkness He will lead them forth into light.."
يَعِدُهُمْ وَيُمَنِّيهِمْ وَمَا يَعِدُهُمُ الشَّيْطَانُ إِلا غُرُورًا

004.120 "Satan makes them promises, and creates in them false desires; but satan's promises are nothing but deception."

Last edited by Manhaj As-Sunnah on Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Yasmin
Yasmin

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2008-03-26

http://www.sayingsofthesalaf.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaal Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:56 am

Translation Al-Muddathir cont'd.

Far from easy for the disbelievers.

Leave Me Alone (to deal) with whom I created Alone (without any means, i.e. Al-Walîd bin Al-Mughîrah Al-Makhzûmî)!

And then granted him resources in abundance.

And children to be by his side!

And made life smooth and comfortable for him!

After all that he desires that I should give more;

Nay! Verily, he has been stubborn and opposing Our Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.).

I shall oblige him to (climb a slippery mountain in the Hell-fire called As­Sa'ûd, or to) face a severe torment!

Verily, he thought and plotted;

So let him be cursed! How he plotted!

And once more let him be cursed, how he plotted!

Then he thought;

Then he frowned and he looked in a bad tempered way;

Then he turned back and was proud;

Then he said: "This is nothing but magic from that of old;

"This is nothing but the word of a human being!"

I will cast him into Hell-fire

Al-Muddathir 74:10-26
Amaal
Amaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaal Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:57 pm

Al-Muddathir cont'd.

And what will make you know exactly what Hell-fire is?

It spares not (any sinner), nor does it leave (anything unburnt)!

Burning the skins!

Over it are nineteen (angels as guardians and keepers of Hell).

And We have set none but angels as guardians of the Fire, and We have fixed their number (19) only as a trial for the disbelievers, in order that the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) may arrive at a certainty [that this Qur'an is the truth as it agrees with their Books i.e. their number (19) is written in the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] and the believers may increase in Faith (as this Qur'an is the truth) and that no doubts may be left for the people of the Scripture and the believers, and that those in whose hearts is a disease (of hypocrisy) and the disbelievers may say: "What Allah intends by this (curious) example ?" Thus Allah leads astray whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And none can know the hosts of your Lord but He. And this (Hell) is nothing else than a (warning) reminder to mankind.

Al-Muddathir 74:27-31
Amaal
Amaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaal Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:01 am

Al-Muddathir cont'd.

Nay, and by the moon,

And by the night when it withdraws,

And by the dawn when it brightens,

Verily, it (Hell, or their denial of the Prophet Muhammad sallal lahu 'alayhi wasalam , or the Day of Resurrection) is but one of the greatest calamities.

A warning to mankind,

To any of you that chooses to go forward (by working righteous deeds), or to remain behind (by commiting sins),

Every person is a pledge for what he has earned,

Except those on the Right, (i.e. the pious true believers of Islamic Monotheism);

In Gardens (Paradise) they will ask one another,

About Al-Mujrimeen (polytheists, criminals, disbelievers, etc.), (And they will say to them):

"What has caused you to enter Hell?"

Al-Muddathir 74:32-42
Amaal
Amaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaal Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:00 am

SubhanaAllah.

They will say: "We were not of those who used to offer their Salat (prayers)

"Nor we used to feed Al-Miskin (the poor);

"And we used to talk falsehood (all that which Allah hated) with vain talkers .

"And we used to belie the Day of Recompense

"Until there came to us (the death) that is certain."

So no intercession of intercessors will be of any use to them.

Al-Muddathir 74:43-48
Amaal
Amaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaal Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:03 am

Then what is wrong with them (i.e. the disbelievers) that they turn away from (receiving) admonition?

As if they were frightened (wild) donkeys.

Fleeing from a hunter, or a lion, or a beast of prey.

Nay, everyone of them desires that he should be given pages spread out (coming from Allah with a writing that Islam is the right religion, and Muhammad has come with the truth from Allah the Lord of the heavens and earth, etc.).

Nay! But they fear not the Hereafter (from Allah's punishment).

Nay, verily, this (Qur'an) is an admonition,

So whosoever will (let him read it), and receive admonition (from it)!

And they will not receive admonition unless Allah wills; He (Allah) is the One, deserving that mankind should be afraid of, and should be dutiful to Him, and should not take any Ilah (God) along with Him, and He is the One Who forgives (sins).

Al-Muddathir 74: 49-56
Amaal
Amaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaal Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:08 am

Abu Said Al-Khudri radyaAllahu 'anhu narrated :

A man heard another man reciting (in the prayers): 'Say (O Muhammad): "He is Allah, the One." (112.1) And he recited it repeatedly. When it was morning, he went to the Prophet and informed him about that as if he considered that the recitation of that Sura by itself was not enough. Allah's Apostle said, "By Him in Whose Hand my life is, it is equal to one-third of the Quran." Sahih Bukhaari
Amaal
Amaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Halawatul Emaan Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:19 pm

Asalaamu alaykum sis..

May Allah reward you.. I LUV this section of the forum

"Oh Allah,Forgive me all my sins,the small and great of them,the first and last of them and the seen and the hidden of them" Ameen!..
Halawatul Emaan
Halawatul Emaan

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaal Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:05 am

wa alaykum salaam.

ameen! May Allah 'azzawajal reward you and the ummah. Aameen.

JuzaakaAllahu khair.

Feel free to add!
Amaal
Amaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaal Mon May 18, 2009 11:47 am

Come on all you LT's what knowledge you have share here, inshaAllah ta'alaa.

Verily, in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the alternation of night and day, there are indeed signs for men of understanding. 3:190

Say (O Muhammad sallal lahu 'alayhi wasalam): It has been revealed to me that a group (from three to ten in number) of jinns listened (to this Qur'an). They said: 'Verily, we have heard a wonderful Recitation (this Qur'an)! It guides to the Right Path, and we have believed therein, and we shall never join (in worship) anything with our Lord (Allah).." 72:1,2]..til the end of the 15th verse.

Abu Hurayrah radyaAllahu 'anhu narrated:

Allah 's Apostle sallal lahu 'alayhi wasalam said, "Treat women nicely, for a women is created from a rib, and the most curved portion of the rib is its upper portion, so, if you should try to straighten it, it will break, but if you leave it as it is, it will remain crooked. So treat women nicely." - Bukhaari
Amaal
Amaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladan Mon May 18, 2009 1:12 pm

Abu Darda (R.A.A) relates that the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) said: A person who avoids dishornouring his brother, Allah will keep his face away form the fire of Hell on the day of Judgment. (At-Trimithi graded as good).

Ibn Abbas(r.a.a) realtes that the Propher (s.a.w) said: a person who has taken upon himself to regularly supplicate to Allah for forgiveness, Allah provides deliverence from hardships, and grants relief from every sorrow and suffering and provides him/her sustenance from a source he /she cannot imagine (Abu Daud)

Ladan

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmin Mon May 18, 2009 2:13 pm

may Allaah reward everyone contrbuting to this wonderful thread, ameen.

I like this athaar - NB: In the video at approx. the 4:40 mark it says that the hadith is reported by Muslim, but is in fact found in Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 12, Hadith number 770. I saw it in the comments on the video, and it has been checked and verified...