LTUIS Forum
Salamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,
Welcome to La Trobe University Islamic Society Forum.

If you are not a member, please take the time to register.
Alternatively if you are already a member please sign in below,

Enjoy your stay,

Salamu Alaikum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

LTUIS Forum
Salamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,
Welcome to La Trobe University Islamic Society Forum.

If you are not a member, please take the time to register.
Alternatively if you are already a member please sign in below,

Enjoy your stay,

Salamu Alaikum
LTUIS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hadith and Qur'anic Verses ~

+2
Yasmin
Amaal
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hadith and Qur'anic Verses ~ - Page 2 Empty Re: Hadith and Qur'anic Verses ~

Post by Zamzam Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:43 am

34 And every nation has its appointed term; when their term is reached, neither can they delay it nor can they advance it an hour (or a moment).

35 O Children of Adam! If there come to you Messengers from amongst you, reciting to you, My Verses, then whosoever becomes pious and righteous, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

36 But those who reject Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and treat them with arrogance, they are the dwellers of the (Hell) Fire, they will abide therein forever.

37 Who is more unjust than one who invents a lie against Allah or rejects His Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.)? For such their appointed portion (good things of this worldly life and their period of stay therein) will reach them from the Book (of Decrees) until, when Our Messengers (the angel of death and his assistants) come to them to take their souls, they (the angels) will say: "Where are those whom you used to invoke and worship besides Allah," they will reply, "They have vanished and deserted us." And they will bear witness against themselves, that they were disbelievers.

38 (Allah) will say: "Enter you in the company of nations who passed away before you, of men and jinns, into the Fire." Every time a new nation enters, it curses its sister nation (that went before), until they will be gathered all together in the Fire. The last of them will say to the first of them: "Our Lord! These misled us, so give them a double torment of the Fire." He will say: "For each one there is double (torment), but you know not."

39 The first of them will say to the last of them: "You were not better than us, so taste the torment for what you used to earn."

(Al-A'raf 34-39)
Zamzam
Zamzam

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Zamzam Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:47 am

Surat-Al'araf contd...

116 He (Moosa (Moses)) said: "Throw you (first)." So when they threw, they bewitched the eyes of the people, and struck terror into them, and they displayed a great magic.

117 And We inspired Moosa (Moses) (saying): "Throw your stick," and behold! It swallowed up straight away all the falsehoods which they showed.

118 Thus truth was confirmed, and all that they did was made of no effect.

119 So they were defeated there and then, and were returned disgraced.

120 And the sorcerers fell down prostrate.

121 They said: "We believe in the Lord of the Alameen (mankind, jinns and all that exists).

122 "The Lord of Moosa (Moses) and Haroon (Aaron)."

125 They said: "Verily, we are returning to our Lord.

126 "And you take vengeance on us only because we believed in the Ayat (proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, etc.) of our Lord when they reached us! Our Lord! pour out on us patience, and cause us to die as Muslims."
Zamzam
Zamzam

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaal Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:24 am

JuzaakaAllahu khair for adding to it. Like I've said and will continue to say inshaAllah ta'alaa, feel free to add any one of you.

And to 'Ad (people We sent) their brother Hud. He said, "O my people! Worship Allah! You have no other Ilah (God) but Him. Certainly, you do nothing but invent (lies)!

"O my people I ask of you no reward for it (the Message). My reward is only from Him, Who created me. Will you not then understand?

"And O my people! Ask forgiveness of your Lord and then repent to Him, He will send you (from the sky) abundant rain, and add strength to your strength, so do not turn away as Mujrimun (criminals, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah)."

Surah Hud 11:50-52
Amaal
Amaal

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by ibrahim Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:29 am

Salamu a'laikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatahu

i dont have any Ayah or hadith to contribute but i remember when a student of knowledge once told me; the stories in the Quran are not there for bed time stories or things of that nature but in it there is a lesson to be learnt and implemented.

History plays a significant role in picturing the future; learning from the mistakes of the past changes our thoughts and actions in the futrue, learning from the success of the past makes us want to improve in it. In a sense this is why the Quran is a mircle from Allah, as Allah says in the first Ayah of Surat Ibrahim:

(This is) a Book which We have revealed unto you (O Muhammad ) in order that you might lead mankind out of darkness (of disbelief and polytheism) into light (of belief in the Oneness of All⨠and Isl⭩c Monotheism) by their Lord's Leave to the Path of the All-Mighty, the Owner of all Praise.

ibrahim

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Halawatul Emaan Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:53 am

JazakaAllah for the reminder. Your definately right!!

"The stories in the Quran are not there for bed time stories or things of that nature but in it there is a lesson to be learnt and implemented"

Wasalaamu alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh
Halawatul Emaan
Halawatul Emaan

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Halawatul Emaan Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:57 am

The Reward of Dua is Guaranteed:

Jabir ibn Abdillah stated that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
"There is no person who asks Allah for anything except that Allah gives it to him, or keeps away from him a similar evil, as long as he does not ask for something evil or for breaking the ties of kinship" At this, a person said to the Prophet (peace be upon him): "In that case, we will ask for plenty!" The Prophet (peace be upon him) responded: "Allah (is even) more plentiful!"

Authentic, narrated by al-Tirmidhi from Ubadah ibn Samit, as is mentioned in Sahih al-Jami #5637
Halawatul Emaan
Halawatul Emaan

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaal Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:27 am

When harm touches man, he calls to Us (for help), then when We have (rescued him from that harm and) changed it into a favour from Us, he says: "Only because of knowledge (that I possess) I obtained it." Nay, it is only a trial, but most of them know not! Az-Zumar:49
Amaal
Amaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladan Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:00 pm

Surah Al-Mu'minun:

109. Verily! There was a party of My slaves, who used to say: "Our Lord! We believe, so forgive us, and have mercy on us, for You are the Best of all who show mercy!"

110. But you took them for a laughingstock, so much so that they made you forget My Remembrance while you used to laugh at them!

111. Verily! I have rewarded them this Day for their patience, they are indeed the ones that are successful.

112. He (Allâh) will say: "What number of years did you stay on earth?"

113. They will say: "We stayed a day or part of a day. Ask of those who keep account."

114. He (Allâh) will say: "You stayed not but a little, if you had only known!

115. "Did you think that We had created you in play (without any purpose), and that you would not be brought back to Us?"

116. So Exalted be Allâh, the True King, Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Lord of the Supreme Throne!

117. And whoever invokes (or worships), besides Allâh, any other ilâh (god), of whom he has no proof, then his reckoning is only with his Lord. Surely! Al-Kâfirûn (the disbelievers in Allâh and in the Oneness of Allâh, polytheists, pagans, idolaters, etc.) will not be successful.

118. And say (O Muhammad ): "My Lord! Forgive and have mercy, for You are the Best of those who show mercy!"

Ladan

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaal Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:13 am

SubhanaAllah!!!!!!!!!

Verily Allah will never change the condition of a people until they (first) change it themselves. 13:11
Amaal
Amaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaal Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:53 pm

And Verily, it (this Qur'an) is an absolute truth with certainty .
Al-Haaqa:51
Amaal
Amaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaal Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:56 am

As for the Righteous , they will be in the Gardens and fountains [of Jannah] , with joy the rewards which their Lord gives them , before this [in the world] they were virtuous . They slept but little at night , and they prayed for forgiveness in the hours of early dawn. 51:15-18
Amaal
Amaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaal Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:42 am

"And remember your Lord by your tongue and within yourself, humbly and in awe, without loudness, by words in the morning and in the afternoon, and be not among those who are neglectful." Al-Araf: 205.
Amaal
Amaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladan Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:47 am

SubhanAllah

Easy on our tongues, but heavy on the scales

JazakAllahu Khair sister

Ladan

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaal Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:23 pm

And Allah has brought you out from the wombs of your mothers while you know nothing. And He gave you hearing, sight, and hearts that you might give thanks (to Allah).
16:78

Walhumdulilahi rabbil 'aalameen!
Amaal
Amaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaal Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:20 pm

And whatever you have been given is an enjoyment of the life of (this) world and its adornment, and that (Hereafter) which is with Allah is better and will remain forever. Have you then no sense?
28:60
Amaal
Amaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmin Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:03 pm

Jazaakillaah khayr for your efforts habibti!
Yasmin
Yasmin

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2008-03-26

http://www.sayingsofthesalaf.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaal Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:32 pm

Wa iyaaki Yasmin~!

When my servants ask thee concerning Me I am indeed close (to them); I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me; let them also with a will listen to My call and believe in Me; that they may walk in the right way. 2:186
Amaal
Amaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaal Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:01 pm

And leave alone those who take their religion as play and amusement, and are deceived by the life of this world. But remind (them) with it (the Qur'an) lest a person be given up to destruction for that which he has earned, when he will find for himself no protector or intercessor besides Allah, and even if he offers every ransom, it will not be accepted from him. Such are they who are given up to destruction because of that which they have earned. For them will be a drink of boiling water and a painful torment because they used to disbelieve. 6:70

Laa 7oola walaa quwati ilaa bilah!
Amaal
Amaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaal Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:03 pm

SubhanaAllah.

Verily, proofs have come to you from your Lord, so whosoever sees, will do so for (the good of) his ownself, and whosoever blinds himself, will do so to his own harm, and I (Muhammad sallal lahu 'alayhi wasalam) am not a watcher over you.
6:104
Amaal
Amaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladan Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:15 pm

Subhanallah, Thank you Amal

Ladan

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaal Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:14 pm

Truly! Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him (Alone). This is the Straight Path. 3:51
Amaal
Amaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaal Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:15 pm

If Allah helps you, none can overcome you; and if He forsakes you, who is there after Him that can help you? And in Allah (Alone) let believers put their trust.3:160
Amaal
Amaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaal Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:04 pm

And Allah has set forth an example for those who believe, the wife of Fir'aun (Pharaoh), when she said: "My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'aun (Pharaoh) and his work, and save me from the people who are Zalimun (polytheists, wrong-doers and disbelievers in Allah).

And Maryam (Mary), the daughter of 'Imran who guarded her chastity; and We breathed into (the sleeve of her shirt or her garment) through Our Ruh [i.e. Jibrael (Gabriel)], and she testified to the truth of the Words of her Lord [i.e. believed in the Words of Allah: "Be!" and he was; that is 'Iesa (Jesus) - son of Maryam (Mary); as a Messenger of Allah], and (also believed in) His Scriptures, and she was of the Qanitin (i.e. obedient to Allah). 66:11-12
Amaal
Amaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2