LTUIS Forum
Salamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,
Welcome to La Trobe University Islamic Society Forum.

If you are not a member, please take the time to register.
Alternatively if you are already a member please sign in below,

Enjoy your stay,

Salamu Alaikum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

LTUIS Forum
Salamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,
Welcome to La Trobe University Islamic Society Forum.

If you are not a member, please take the time to register.
Alternatively if you are already a member please sign in below,

Enjoy your stay,

Salamu Alaikum
LTUIS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanting info on upcoming lectures of Islam and Christanity

4 posters

Go down

Wanting info on upcoming lectures of Islam and Christanity Empty Wanting info on upcoming lectures of Islam and Christanity

Post by SaeedPearce Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:40 pm

Assalamualaikum
I was wondering if any of the brothers or sister know of the lectures that have advertised around La trobe in the last day or so. My question is if these lectures are of a none bias nature or for that matter seeking to potray an underlaying message? I was thinking of attending, I revented to Islam 4 years ago Alhumdolillah and am always happy to gain more insights so as to help members of my family come and accept Islam as the one truth...... however if these lectures where to push a christain pov i would prob not go..... Does anyone know if this is the case... to be honest i only glanced at the posters so the answers may be in front of me but you never know
SaeedPearce
SaeedPearce

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Wanting info on upcoming lectures of Islam and Christanity Empty Re: Wanting info on upcoming lectures of Islam and Christanity

Post by Ubah Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:29 pm

Wa Alaikum Salam br.

At the end of last year the christen society at Latrobe did something similar, the topic was comparing the Quran and the Bible. The speaker which was Sam Green had no clue as to what the Quran was; he was not qualified to speak about the Quran or was he confident in what he was saying. He did not use sources that were from Muslim scholars nor were they valid for that matter. When Muslim students tried to rebut his points he tried to silence them. In my opinion it was bias, and it only made us very mad.
Ubah
Ubah

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Wanting info on upcoming lectures of Islam and Christanity Empty Re: Wanting info on upcoming lectures of Islam and Christanity

Post by SaeedPearce Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:55 pm

This is what i thought i've come across far too many of this nature, i wonder if the purpose of such events is to try and lead people astray... The problem with these people is their lack of knowledge of their own and others deen. what is Sam's position within the group that is organising it... perhaps someone should try and educate him before he make a fool of himself again and for that matter inrage anyone else
SaeedPearce
SaeedPearce

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmin Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:38 am

'Alayk as-Salam Wa rahmatullaah Wa Barakatuh

Firstly, may Allah accept your Islam and guide your loved ones, ameen.

Brother, may Allah preserve you -You should look at going to events organised elsewhere, i.e. at the mosque. Never EVER rely on Non-Muslims to deliver the truth about Islam, because they won't. Our religion is the only religion that speaks the TRUTH when trying to call someone to the TRUTH. The amount of fake information Sam (may Allah guide him) provided at that lecture was ridiculous. 'They try and distinguish the light of Allaah, but the Light of Allaah will NEVER be distinguished' (Surat as-Saff)...

You want da'wah for your family? inshaa Allaah the brothers in the society can organise something for you at the mosque or even at Uni...where the ISLAMIC society gets a qualified speaker to speak on the issue of Islaam. Let us know what you exactly need, insha Allaah.
Yasmin
Yasmin

Number of posts : 812

http://www.sayingsofthesalaf.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubah Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:13 am

Salams

i think the islamic society should host something too.

Br saeedpearce
i'm not sure if you would be interested but theres always classes at preston mosque on fridays nights between maghrib and isha by Br Bilal Assad. on cramer street preston

And also at IISNA on sunday nights between maghrib and isha. on sydney road
Ubah
Ubah

Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by SaeedPearce Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:27 am

Salam

Yeah i usually attend IISNA on Wed nites after uni for class and when time permits sunday lectures...if not i tend to listen online..... Fridays are hard to attend as i have to work the evenings.... but i think perhaps the islamic society should host something... i'm sure any of the brothers from IISNA would be happy to give lectures.....Did anyone see the lectures last year at melbourne uni by Yusuf Estes????
SaeedPearce
SaeedPearce

Back to top Go down

Post by PaLo $oLdieR Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:38 am

brithr did u attend todays cheristian union thingy?
PaLo $oLdieR
PaLo $oLdieR
Admin

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2008-03-21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zusYVHXJpHU

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down