LTUIS Forum
Salamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,
Welcome to La Trobe University Islamic Society Forum.

If you are not a member, please take the time to register.
Alternatively if you are already a member please sign in below,

Enjoy your stay,

Salamu Alaikum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

LTUIS Forum
Salamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,
Welcome to La Trobe University Islamic Society Forum.

If you are not a member, please take the time to register.
Alternatively if you are already a member please sign in below,

Enjoy your stay,

Salamu Alaikum
LTUIS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any topic for discussion

+4
Merhna
Hebah Abdul-rahman
ibrahim
Hassuni
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Any topic for discussion Empty Any topic for discussion

Post by Hassuni Sat May 01, 2010 1:15 pm

Salam Alaikum brothers and sisters,

If anyone wants to discus any issues, topics, current Media situations etc ....
Can anyone sent a topic so everyone could share on discussion.
afro lol! flower

Hassuni

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Any topic for discussion Empty Re: Any topic for discussion

Post by ibrahim Sun May 02, 2010 11:25 am

wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahu,

I dont have any issues to discuss, but i was always fasinated with dreams. So if anyone could narrate to us a dream that they had or heard of one, would be interesting.

I think i'll start, this dream is not mine but rather my islamic studies teacher. He dreamt of his brother travelling via a train from Eygpt to Melbourne, though there is no actual train that has that route, would be interesting if there is, subhanallah the use of a train in this dream remains in knowledge of the unseen. While on the train, like all other trains there were stations or stops, at all particular stop my teacher saw his brother existing the train, that particular station was called cemetary.

so upon this shock he woke up, he then immediately called his mother who lives in Eygpt near where his brother lived. He asked his mother about the condition of his brother, ina lilahi wa ina ilahi ra ji'un, she replied tearfully that he passed away. May Allah shower all the believers that have come and passed. Ameen

ibrahim

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Hassuni Sun May 02, 2010 11:41 am

Alaikum Salam,

Subhanellah. that was amazing dream.

My cousin had the same dream.
One day she had a dream that the seat ( chair) of the former Palestinian president Yasr Arafat was no one sitting on it. Next day we heard on the news that Yasr Arafat went Europe for surgery. However, He(May Allah forgive him and grant him Jannah) passed away After he stayed in hospital for few days.

Subhanellah, Allah shows true dreams (Ru'eya) to some people

Hassuni

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebah Abdul-rahman Sun May 02, 2010 2:05 pm

im very fascinated by dreams too.
i had one where i was praying, and i looked down and saw i was wearing my shoes. then during sujood the shoes were scuffed, so i think i took them off.
any ideas?
these were both a quite few months ago.

Hebah Abdul-rahman

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ibrahim Mon May 03, 2010 12:15 pm

if only we had the ability of Prophet Yusuf AS to interpret dreams, we could explain alot of things.

ibrahim

Back to top Go down

Post by Hassuni Mon May 03, 2010 11:57 pm

Many scholars know to explain dreams. Unfortunately, I don't know any. However, i will try to find someone. We don't need to bring prophet Yusuf to interpret our dreams.lol Laughing

Hassuni

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebah Abdul-rahman Tue May 04, 2010 12:19 am

Hehe. True Hassen. i also have so many dreams regarding my teeth... it's weird.... InshaAllah khair

Hebah Abdul-rahman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hassuni Tue May 04, 2010 1:21 am

No one have happy dreams

Hassuni

Back to top Go down

Post by Merhna Tue May 04, 2010 5:17 am

ibrahim wrote:wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahu,

I dont have any issues to discuss, but i was always fasinated with dreams. So if anyone could narrate to us a dream that they had or heard of one, would be interesting.

I think i'll start, this dream is not mine but rather my islamic studies teacher. He dreamt of his brother travelling via a train from Eygpt to Melbourne, though there is no actual train that has that route, would be interesting if there is, subhanallah the use of a train in this dream remains in knowledge of the unseen. While on the train, like all other trains there were stations or stops, at all particular stop my teacher saw his brother existing the train, that particular station was called cemetary.

so upon this shock he woke up, he then immediately called his mother who lives in Eygpt near where his brother lived. He asked his mother about the condition of his brother, ina lilahi wa ina ilahi ra ji'un, she replied tearfully that he passed away. May Allah shower all the believers that have come and passed. Ameen

Wow subhanallah... Allah yerhamu. I think i would freak out if i had a dream like that!!

Merhna

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebah Abdul-rahman Wed May 05, 2010 10:01 am

Once i had a dream that my tooth fell out, and that morning they called from lebanon- my great grandma passed away. Allah yer7amah.

Hebah Abdul-rahman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hassuni Wed May 05, 2010 1:20 pm

Subhanellah Allah yer7amha. May Allah forgive her and grant her Jannah. Ameen

Hassuni

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebah Abdul-rahman Thu May 06, 2010 3:22 am

yeah amen, thanks.

Hebah Abdul-rahman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladan Mon May 10, 2010 5:44 am

Just the other day, this old, scary looking man in a wheel chair (missing a leg) came riding straight towards me. Naturally I was scared him and of his physical appearance. Immediately I stated walking faster. He soon caught up with me and started a quick conversation by saying “You look lovely with your hijab”. I immediately started to relax as he offered a friendly smile. I thanked him and as I was about to walk away, he said “My daughter became a Muslim last year”. Then we conversed close to 30mins after that. Till this day every time he sees me, he comes up and talks me. Just goes to show that there are really good people out there if we only take the time to chat with them and over look their appearance.

My story is NOT as nearly interesting as some of ur stories but i think its quite nice......

Ladan

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebah Abdul-rahman Mon May 10, 2010 6:51 am

that is a nice story! i get 'u look pretty in that scarf' and stuff from non-muslims sometimes, but racial remarks are also common.

Hebah Abdul-rahman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hassuni Mon May 10, 2010 2:10 pm

Subhanellah. The good thing is that the man was happy that his daughter become a muslim. and when ever he sees sisters with hijab , he remember his daughter. that is a good sign. May Allah guide him and become our brother.

good story

Hassuni

Back to top Go down

Post by Hassuni Mon May 10, 2010 2:28 pm

Salam Alaikum,
Salam Alaikum,

Does anyone have good idea on how make muslim youth who do not have any connection with islamic society?. There are many out there who never came to the prayers room or never involved on what the islamic society does.

May Allah guide us all to the right path and forgive our past and present and future sins.

Jazakumullahu khairan

Hassuni

Back to top Go down

Post by Abu Usama Tue May 11, 2010 1:02 pm

Salaamualykum everyone,
dreams are something i hardly experience, specially at night!
Probably that is why i like to hear about dreams people have had.

Abu Usama

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Hassuni Wed May 12, 2010 2:02 am

Alaikum Salam,

lol.
I like that.lol! bounce

I know you have a dream /goal you want reach in your life. sunny

I also dream but not every single day. I wonder why I don't have dreams , specially at night.
confused

Hassuni

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmin Thu May 13, 2010 6:14 am

Hassuni wrote:Salam Alaikum,
Salam Alaikum,

Does anyone have good idea on how make muslim youth who do not have any connection with islamic society?. There are many out there who never came to the prayers room or never involved on what the islamic society does.

May Allah guide us all to the right path and forgive our past and present and future sins.

Jazakumullahu khairan

wa álaykassalaam wa rahmatullaah,

Aameen. We discussed this in the Society meeting yesterday and we came up with a few ideas. Insha Allaah it will be included in the meeting minutes, so you can have a look. My ideas included weekly classes and events like horseriding etc which can help unite practicing and non practicing muslims insha Allaah.
Yasmin
Yasmin

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2008-03-26

http://www.sayingsofthesalaf.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Hassuni Tue May 18, 2010 2:54 pm

Jazaki Allahu Khairan. I saw the meeting meenutes. Masha'Allah, good points were discussed. May Allah reward all.

Hassuni

Back to top Go down

Post by Hassuni Wed May 19, 2010 2:14 pm

Current Issue: The BARQA ( NIQAB)
Salam Alaikum,
I put this topic "The NIQAB" because the European countries such as spain and France are banning it. "Freedom and Niqab" could be a good topic for the western world. Western countries believe that everyone could wear what ever he/she wants. However, Freedom of this time contradict freedom and human right constitution. What do you say ?

Hassuni

Back to top Go down

Post by PaLo $oLdieR Thu May 20, 2010 12:13 am

^^ salam. thats a good topic, i dont understand why they go ahead and ban it. but it juust goes to show taht they are conspiring against us. part of freedom is that u can wear wat u like. so its a contradictive ban :S
PaLo $oLdieR
PaLo $oLdieR
Admin

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2008-03-21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zusYVHXJpHU

Back to top Go down

Post by ibrahim Thu May 20, 2010 4:07 am

Good topic hassen;

Its sad that we are even talking about this;

I think to understand this topic thoroughly, we have to establish both sides of the argument. The french president and his lobbiest are putting alot of effort in this show, they assume that the burqa is a sign of oppression. Subhanallah, its funny how they have these new sensors that allows them to feel what other people feel?. Basically they make laws without considering those that will be affected. I think if any sister thought of the burqa as a form of oppression they would of taken it off long before someone else told them. These people are underestimating the minds of our sisters....

The other point of consideration is the fact that there are over 5 million muslims in france alone. So i think its just a political game, they are trying to push their weight around, making their authoritative presence felt.

The other point is, when people hear france and in particular paris, first thing that pops up is 'the city of love'. Therefore they feel that the burqa, hijab, or other forms of modesty will damage this image. Ultimately they want every female to be like the french presedents wife, who is so often seen just with beach wear; whether it be on the cat walk or beach.

After they ban the burqa, then hijab then what? As what brother Malik Shaabz (aka Malcolm X) once said These people preach democracy but practice hypocrisy

Last edited by ibrahim on Thu May 20, 2010 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

ibrahim

Back to top Go down

Post by Merhna Thu May 20, 2010 4:40 am

MashaAllah, very well said. I agree with you!!.

This is so funny subhanAllah because i have a 2000 word essay due in two weeks and i have chosen to talk about the Burqa/hijab issue and so i need as much views as possible from Muslims and non- muslims so i can include these in my feature story InshaAllah.

Therefore, plz keep the comments coming.

BarakAllah Fikum.

Merhna

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmin Thu May 20, 2010 9:46 am

Jazaak Allaah khayr for everyone's comments.. interesting stuff indeed.

This is what I can say for now:

Living in these times, it is obvious that it is the time of the strangers and as the famous prophetic statements goes, 'Islam came as something strange and will return as something strange, so give glad tidings to the strangers' .. sadaqa rasulullaah, sallallaahu álayhi wa sallam.

It's just a matter of keeping strong to your beliefs and not comprising. We need to educate ignorant people about these issues so they know the truth.. some genuinely don't and those who do and remain ignorant are just plain bigots whose views you can't change, except by God's will.

Secularism is what's been preached by Govts. like France etc but it's funny how celebrations like Christmas and Easter still go ahead as like a 'nation wide' celebration. Malcolm X is most certainly right with his quote.. we're dealing with hypocrites here and how to deal with hypocrites? Preach against them and stick to your beliefs. By Allaah, the ones who are firm on this path without comprising are the winners and not only in this world, but in the hereafter.

The Niqaab for me is most certainly freedom and what I find to be oppressive is how the body and beautiful features of the woman is constantly used to sell products. Is this honestly the freedom they preach? Is telling us what's beautiful freedom? Honestly. Let's be fair here. Also, what's interesting is how the Govts of democratic countries, like in Europe (hello mr. sarkozy!) legalise prostitution and strippers. This is not freedom but oppression. Islam liberates the woman and as a niqaabi by choice, I know this with certainty, walhamdulillaah. When we wear the niqaab or hijaab , we wear it for the sake of God and not man, and we don't need any president who preys on 'beautiful women' to tell us what to do. We simply won't listen to anyone but the word of God at the end of the day, insha Allaah. Rabbi Ythabitna, aameen.
Yasmin
Yasmin

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2008-03-26

http://www.sayingsofthesalaf.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next