LTUIS Forum
Salamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,
Welcome to La Trobe University Islamic Society Forum.

If you are not a member, please take the time to register.
Alternatively if you are already a member please sign in below,

Enjoy your stay,

Salamu Alaikum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

LTUIS Forum
Salamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,
Welcome to La Trobe University Islamic Society Forum.

If you are not a member, please take the time to register.
Alternatively if you are already a member please sign in below,

Enjoy your stay,

Salamu Alaikum
LTUIS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any topic for discussion

+4
Merhna
Hebah Abdul-rahman
ibrahim
Hassuni
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Any topic for discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Any topic for discussion

Post by Merhna Thu May 20, 2010 10:30 am

Very true indeed and very well said MashaAllah. I agree with everything that you said Yasmin.

Its unfair that we have to constantly fight for our rights in order to wear the Hijab or niqab. Everyone should be entitled to dress the way they like and no one should interfere. But what can we do SubhanAllah, i guess this is a test from Allah (s.w.t) to see who is strong in their Iman.

Whats sad is that people like Mr Sarkozy find it appropriate to legalise prostitution. Who knows how the world is going to be in 10 years time, the generations just seem to be getting worse and it makes you worry for the Ummah SubhanAllah. But like you said the Muslims just have to be strong and stay firm in their beliefs InshaAllah.

Merhna

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmin Thu May 20, 2010 10:43 am

Na3am ázeezati. Jazaakillaah khayr.
Yasmin
Yasmin

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2008-03-26

http://www.sayingsofthesalaf.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Merhna Thu May 20, 2010 10:46 am

Waiyaki darling. Smile

Merhna

Back to top Go down

Post by ibrahim Thu May 20, 2010 2:07 pm

Sister Merhna

For your essay, i think what you should do is a comparative study of women in islam and women in europe, in particular women in france. what you should include are when women were allowed to vote, rights in marriage, inheritance, education, women in commerce. Then conclude the fact that islam as system remained the same throughout time, on the other hand with current advances in common sense in the western world women were given their legitimate rights, so who are these people to give moral judgment when just 100 years or so years ago they use women as a means of exchange. Alhamdulilah Allah has chosen to be a muslim

ibrahim

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladan Fri May 21, 2010 12:01 am

Salaam my peeps,

Interesting discussions here.

I just wanted to put it to you what is the excuse for the so called "muslim countries' that have banned the hijab and/or the niqab eg. moroco, turkey and in tunisia where wearing of the hijab has been banned since 1981 in public places.

I mean there is no excuse for the European countires to ban the hijab/niqab. But we have to understand these countries are based on Anglo/Christian values and they feel that have to control the invasion of muslims. France has like 40% of it population that are muslims. It's just a matter of time when those laws will be overturned.

My qiestion is why do we muslims get so upset when these European countries see these muslim countries doing the excat same thing and with out any controversy? They figue they can do the exact same thing, why should muslims care!
If there is any anger, it should be towards these muslims countries who are selling out their religion for the sake of being accepted by Europe!

Ladan

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Merhna Fri May 21, 2010 8:12 am

Yes that isa true Ladan, you raise good points MashaAllah, like i said its very sad that we have Muslims like this, they just focus on this dunya and they do their best to please people on this earth but Allah (s.w.t) shall deal with them in the hereafter InshaAllah.

I understand what your trying to say. However, regardless of that Muslim women who live in this country will still get affected and upset and angry especially the ones who wear the niqab. Its hard for us to accept these laws wherever it is that they are getting enforced and its also hard not to be angered by this. All i can say is may Allah (s.w.t) give us as much pateince as possible. Ameen!!

Merhna

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmin Fri May 21, 2010 8:13 am

wa álaykiassalaam wa rahmatullaah,

I understand what you mean Ladan. Jazaakillaah khayr for your comment and Allaah ybaarak feeki Merhna for yours. These leaders definetly have issues themselves and issues with their aqeedah - may Allaah guide them, aameen. We know that there is no definite Islamic Shareeáh being run in any Muslim country today and we know there is no decent Muslim leader either, wAllaahu'l mustaáan. These times are definetly times of fitaan...

Whether it be a non Muslim or a Muslim - anyone who wishes to try and force us to leave the principles of our faith, we will stand against them. There is a lot of injustice happening in the lands of the Muslimeen - sa7.. we will never deny this and this is their sin, not ours. I know that much Muslims in such countries can't speak up as they will get beaten or thrown into jail for speaking against the Muslim leader and this is sad indeed. We live in the time of the tyrants and unfortunately we have many Firáwns all over the place. But nasr is always qareeb insha Allaah : ) This world is only a small journey.

We are upset with leaders like Sarkozy because he should know damn well as a president how to deal with his people. I mean, he certainly couldn't deal with his family well as he left his wife for a model.. so I don't expect much from him. But for anyone in authority, they have a responsibility and this is to always look at the truth in everything and not lie about what Islam preaches. He is being so unjust to assume that the women who cover do so because of their husbands and they need to be liberated. I mean, has he even spoken to a niqaabi? To me it seems like this is being done on purpose to defame Islam, but the light of Islam will never be distinguished even if the disbelievers hate it.

Again, I don't think any better of a person who tries to stop us from practicing Islam.. whether they claim to be a Muslim or non Muslim.. a friend or a parent.. a husband or a wife etc. Our job as Muslims is to simply continue struggling to practice our faith in the way of Allaah.
Yasmin
Yasmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merhna Fri May 21, 2010 8:33 am

MashaAllah Yasmin, thats exactly what i was trying to say. well said. JazaakiAlah Khair.

ibrahim wrote:Sister Merhna

For your essay, i think what you should do is a comparative study of women in islam and women in europe, in particular women in france. what you should include are when women were allowed to vote, rights in marriage, inheritance, education, women in commerce. Then conclude the fact that islam as system remained the same throughout time, on the other hand with current advances in common sense in the western world women were given their legitimate rights, so who are these people to give moral judgment when just 100 years or so years ago they use women as a means of exchange. Alhamdulilah Allah has chosen to be a muslim

JazaakAllah Khair for your suggestions, you have raised really good points MashaAllah.

Im going to incorporate these issues in my feature story InshaAllah but i need to discuss both sides/opinions of the issue as my main focus will be on the debate pertaining this issue of the Hijab/ niqab. My aim is to raise awareness and explain to people the reason as to why the headscarf /burqa is worn so that I can clear misconceptions made by the media. Im going to do this by explaining what the headscarf/ burqa symbolises so that people can understand why it’s worn rather than assume that Muslim women wear these because they are oppressed or forced to do so. Its a feature story so i cant base it on my opinion only, i have to conduct interviews with experts such as university lecturers as well as a shiekh. Therefore, i was wondering if anyone knows a good Muslim lecturer who would be willing to speak about this issue??

If this article turns out well, i want to publish it in the newspaper InshaAllah so i want to write it to the best of my ability. My tutor is a journalist so i have connections Wink , she told me if its well written she can help publish it. Please make dua'a for me.

Merhna

Back to top Go down

Post by Hassuni Fri May 21, 2010 8:56 am

For your essay, You could say that also many muslims argue that Hijab/niqab is opression, however Islam never force women to wear Hijab/Niqab.

There is good story;
A sheikh finished his speached a woman stood up and asked a amazing quastion. The sheikh was saying the woman was not wearing hijab and she was so fat and agry face. the lady said" why Allah forced us to wear hijab" something similar. And the sheikh said a good idea popup to his mind. He looked at that lady and he said " Allah never ordered you to wear hijab, specially you" and the lady was surprised by the sheikh's answer. she said "who then?". the sheikh said "Allah ordered hijab to muemeenat". he then continued his answer by saying "to wear hijab you should join muemmenat clun and you should have membership and then you will wear the hijab". then after the sheikh gave his amazing answer, the lady could not ask anymore and was embarrased, she went to her seat and sat quitely".

Hassuni

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Merhna Fri May 21, 2010 9:09 am

That was an interesting story....

JazaakAllah Khair for your suggestion, i really appreciate it.

Merhna

Back to top Go down

Post by Hassuni Fri May 21, 2010 9:16 am

Selam alaikum,
You right Ldan. A sheik was talking to my brother and he told him that Algeria bannd hijab. western countries are banning niqab then hijab because they see islamic countried are banning them (niqan/hikab). I remember when france banned hijab from public schools. some of french ministers went to Egypt and talked to a top sheik (Sheikh AZHAR) and he approved them by saying you could do what ever you want as muslims have to follow the rule of the country they live in. then they banned hijab. If you see Turkey Hijabi muslims are not allowed to go to school and not allowed to work. eventhough the new government tried to hard and they were succeeded. then the parlement over turn and banned the hijab again. if you see Tunisia, The Government Inteligence follows you if you start having beard and start going to mosque 5 times and ofcourse it is hard for HIJABY muslimat. egypt was a prison for strong muslims and muslims with beard.However, now is a bit better and you could see many muslims wearing beard. but still the government follows them. and manyu more. It is sad to see muslim countried becoming the ENEMIES of ISLAM.

I/You and every muslim knows that The light of Allah will spread around the world even though non beleivers want to turn it of. Allahu Akbar

Allah's soldiers are the winners.
Very Happy

Hassuni

Back to top Go down

Post by Merhna Fri May 21, 2010 9:25 am

Yes i agree, the light of Allah will spread InshaAllah.

You raised good points MashaAllah.

BarakAllah fik.

Merhna

Back to top Go down

Post by ibrahim Fri May 21, 2010 11:35 am

its good to see we all are on the same court.

The thing is sister ladan, as sister yasmin pointed out there is no single country that uses sharieh, therefore majority of countries are democratic if not all. Had a country been anything other then democratic we would have constantly hear it in the media.

I think the reason why muslims get anrgy when western countries do such a thing, like banning niqab, we as muslims see it as hypocrisy since they force people to be democratic saying its the only freedom for mankind etc.

The reasons why muslims dont get angry when so called muslim leaders do a similar act is that we already know where they stand, since they already did not use sharieh. In addition we dont see them invading other countries attempting to free it and make it democratic, rather it is the western countries that are doing this. That is why muslims get upset, rightly so, it is the nature of humans to dislike hypocrisy

ibrahim

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Hassuni Sat May 22, 2010 11:07 am

the west is working against islam since long time. If there were islamic countries ruled by The true sharia law there would not be any western country against islam. Because the only thing that competes the western countries is islam, so they are trying to destroy islam by doing what they are doing.
The world knows that Islam is the only solution to save the world. how!?. Ok, you heard about the financial crisis. why do you think the world's ecconomy went down?. this all to deal with interest. because interest is forbidden in islam, islamic banks never affected by the world ecconmic crisis ( except those islamic banks deal with non islamic banks).
The number of MUSLIMS in europe is growing according the vatican/ catholic churches (you could watch the documantary in youtube) .so western governments are trying to reduce the number of muslims in western world. As muslims are invading the world.

Lets say ok they ban niqab.Do you think they will be quiet?. no, they will start banning hijab. say they ban hijab, do you think they will be quiet after that?. no, they will force muslims to follow western cultures and tell them to be naked and so on.
The only way they could stop islam going to their heart is by banning any islamic.

what do you say?.

what do you think the next islamic think to be banned?

Hassuni

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmin Sun May 23, 2010 10:25 am

Did anyone catch the 60 minutes screening of the niqaab? Seems like any idiot can report these days and it will still go on screening to all of Australia! What does the niqaab have to do with Anjem Choudary in the UK or some lady from the UK who claims to be Muslim and defames niqaabis and connects it all to terrorism. Sickening stuff, wAllaahi. As the beloved, álayhis salaatu wa salaam, said - íf you have no shame, then do as you wish - Liz Hayes (the reporter) has no shame and some of the idiots in that interview aswell.

As Muslims, we are proud of this deen, proud to be Muslims and we will show this with our character and dressing, insha Allaah. We can continue to get lied about and 'defamed' by the haters, idiots and more idiots, but again - the light of Allaah/Islaam will never be distiniguished. Alhamdulillaah for Islaam. Such a blessing...

May Allaah keep us firm upon sirat al mustaqeem, aameen ya rabbal álameen.
Yasmin
Yasmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladan Mon May 24, 2010 1:32 am

Before anyone jumps down my throat....

I was merely pointing out that these ‘Muslim’ countries are representing us in the eyes of non Muslims countries (whether we like it or not). It is MORE dangerous if we don’t stand up to these Muslim countries because they are giving the impression that we are being oppressed by Islam. It sets a precedent that Europe can do as they wish to ‘liberate’ women from the Islamic oppression i.e. ban the niqab/hijab. We can’t expect those that don’t know about Islam and don’t care about the teachings of Islam to understand Islam, when the very same people that we share the religion are taking away the liberties of Muslim women.
As Hussuni said, if we stay quiet from the Muslim these countries regardless if they follow the Sharia or not, they will set dangerous precedents for those that live in Western countries and we will suffer.

Yassi, It seems now a days everyone is a representative of the Muslim community and a religious leader. Shows like 60 minutes and Insight have an agenda and a particular direction they want to represent. They have leading questions and expected answers. The reporters give short air time to those that don’t say what they want them to say. So just take it with a pinch of salt.

Ladan

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmin Mon May 24, 2010 2:40 am

Good point Ladan. JazaakiAllaah khayr for the clarification.
Yasmin
Yasmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merhna Mon May 24, 2010 9:34 am

Yes you do make a very good point Ladan, MashaAllah. Very Happy

Merhna

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebah Abdul-rahman Sun May 30, 2010 3:19 pm

The ban on the nniqab is a very serious matter, especially if it becomes imposed in our country. What will all the niqabis do, lock themselves up in their houses? This would be the ultimate opression on women, NOT the other way around. And i especially hate it when muslims call it a sign of extremism, and one Muslim guy even said that the reason for it was to protect the face from sand and wind in the deserts of Arabia and that it has no use in our society!!!! SubhanAllah, when people speak out of ignorance they don't realise what harm this can cause our ummah. I remember in year 9 in our islamic studies class, the subject of niqab was brought up and i was shocked to hear a boy say that he finds it scary, and everybody else criticising it, so that i broke down in tears infront of everybody, after lettin them all know that my mum wears the niqab and she doesnt care what they thinks, as long as she does it to follow in the footsteps of Ummahatul muimineen (Wives of the prophet Muhammad SAW) and please Allah SWt. May Allah keep us strong, Amen.

Hebah Abdul-rahman

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Abu Usama Mon May 31, 2010 6:48 am

Good points Hebah! Your are right there are a lot of people out there who are ignorant and at the same time arrogant about our deen and our values. May Allah guide us all to the truth...

Abu Usama

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Hassuni Mon May 31, 2010 11:43 am

It is also true, Niqab also protects from sand and dust. So you always have clean face. lol
ignorant people use phylosophy instead of learning the reason behind niqab.
Make dua to guide our UMMAH

Hassuni

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2