LTUIS Forum
Salamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,
Welcome to La Trobe University Islamic Society Forum.

If you are not a member, please take the time to register.
Alternatively if you are already a member please sign in below,

Enjoy your stay,

Salamu Alaikum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

LTUIS Forum
Salamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,
Welcome to La Trobe University Islamic Society Forum.

If you are not a member, please take the time to register.
Alternatively if you are already a member please sign in below,

Enjoy your stay,

Salamu Alaikum
LTUIS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feedback on Islamic awarness week

3 posters

Go down

Feedback on Islamic awarness week Empty Feedback on Islamic awarness week

Post by ibrahim Sat May 08, 2010 11:58 am

Asalamu Alaykum wa rahamatahullahi wa barakatahu

Alhamdulilah, the annual Islamic Awareness Week (IAW) has now officially ended. This years IAW has been by far the best week, for numerous reasons. First and foremost we have surpassed the average students that we give dawah annually. Also our Friday night lecture was brilliant and as always we get our expected large turn out on Thursdays, which was the multicultural bake sale. Alhamdulilah.

On Monday, we organised a BBQ and we cooked 60kg of sausages and handed out around 300 showbags that contained dawah material such as an english translation of the Quran, CDs, pamphlets and books. There was so much people that the dawah material had ran out, Alhamdulilah. A side note to this, these people may not become Muslim tomorrow or next week etc, but we should make dua that Allah guides them as soon as possible.

This thread is intended for all the attendees of this years IAW, so they could express their feedback the positives and the negatives, therefore we could learn from our mistakes and grow inshallah. Your feedback and assistance is much appreciated.

Jazakallahu Khairn

P.S dont forget sister Aifia Siddiqe and others in the same position in your dua.

ibrahim

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Feedback on Islamic awarness week Empty Re: Feedback on Islamic awarness week

Post by Abu Usama Sat May 08, 2010 12:35 pm

Wa alaykumussalaam Ibrahim. I have only attended the Friday lecture of the IAW programs, but alhamdulilah i enjoyed it. And it was good to see many young brothers and sisters turning up for the lecture. This is a good sign inshallah, for the ummah. But i also have to mention this : the dinner at the end was delicious. Inshallah the IAW is something we (at Bendigo campus) would like to have in the future.

Salaamualaykum...

Abu Usama

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmin Thu May 13, 2010 6:32 am

wa įlaykassalaam wa rahmatullaah wa barakaatuh,

I thought it was a great week, masha Allaah. We did have a lot of attendance for the BBQ than ever before and hence why we ran out of all showbags at the end of the first event!

Re: the open day, we needed more volunteers to help out. Not sure about the brothers side, but with the sisters - we needed sisters to stand outside the musalla and invite some non muslim women in. I don't feel like we took advantage of this day compared to previous years.

Da'wah day was good and same with the bake sale, walhamdulillaah.

I wasn't able to make it on Friday but seems like it was all good with your responses, masha Allaah. May Allaah reward everyone for their efforts, aameen.

Although brief, that's my feedback.
Yasmin
Yasmin
Yasmin

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2008-03-26

http://www.sayingsofthesalaf.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down