LTUIS Forum
Salamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,
Welcome to La Trobe University Islamic Society Forum.

If you are not a member, please take the time to register.
Alternatively if you are already a member please sign in below,

Enjoy your stay,

Salamu Alaikum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

LTUIS Forum
Salamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,
Welcome to La Trobe University Islamic Society Forum.

If you are not a member, please take the time to register.
Alternatively if you are already a member please sign in below,

Enjoy your stay,

Salamu Alaikum
LTUIS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feedback for IAW!

5 posters

Go down

Feedback for IAW! Empty Feedback for IAW!

Post by Mohamad Sat May 30, 2009 11:39 am

Assalamu alaykoum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,
All praise is due to Allah, and may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet Mouhammed.

Dear brother and sisters,

As many of you would know, the Islamic Awareness Week (IAW) has come to an end. The purpose of this week was to raise awareness about Islam, and to convey the message of Allah to the people.

By the grace of Allah, this was one of the best Awareness Weeks we have ever held! Throughout the week, we had hundreds of people coming to the many events we held, and many were very interested to learn about Islam, and find out more about Muslims. We gave out hundreds of Islamic materials during the week, including books, CD's, DVD's, and Pamphlets. We ask Allah to make these materials beneficial, and to guide all those who attended - Ameen.

LTUIS would like to say a HUGE thank you to all those who helped make this year's Islamic Awareness Week the great success it was! Without the help of Allah, and then your help, the week would not have been as successful as it was. We ask Allah The Almighty to reward everyone who participated, helped out, or donated, with the highest levels of Paradise!

This thread is to receive feedback on the week as a whole. Do you think it was run well? Is there anything in particular that you really enjoyed? Are there any things you would like to see happen for next year's IAW? Are there any experiences you had throughout the week you would like to share?

Please let us know all of your feedback and experiences, so we can take them into account for next time!

Jazaakumullahu khayr

Mohamad

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Feedback for IAW! Empty Re: Feedback for IAW!

Post by ibrahim Sat May 30, 2009 11:43 pm

wa alaykum salam wa rahmatulahi wa barakatahu

We have to give credit where credit is due; all credit belongs to Allah the Most High; whom gave us good health and the right intention to complete this years Islamic awareness week.

Alhamdulilah the week has been nothing but success, my favourite was the prayer room open day; i think because all the people that attended showed more interest than the other people that came to the other events. May Allah change their hearts and give them His rope of guidance (Islam), as He showered His Mercy on us by giving us His rope of guidance.

ibrahim

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmin Sun May 31, 2009 5:24 am

-bump-

Can everyone please try to give some feedback insha Allah Smile jazaak Allaah khayr.
Yasmin
Yasmin

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2008-03-26

http://www.sayingsofthesalaf.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladan Sun May 31, 2009 10:08 am

Salaam,

I noticed this year that there were a lot more brothers involved in IAW compared to the past few years. Mashallah keep it up boys!!

Ladan

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Merhna Sun May 31, 2009 11:47 pm

Yes Ladan, the brothers were more involved this year alhamdullilah.

Yasmin: Where's your feedback young lady. lol.

Anyway, in regards to IAW overall, i have to say that alhamdullilah the whole week was a success, all praise is due to Allah the all Mighty. It seemed to me that everyone had fun myslef included. Also, this year was more succcesssful than last year alhamdullilah, more people attended the Prayer room open day as well the Friday night lecture may Allah guide them Ameen. Inshaallah, with the help of Allah (S.W.T) next year will be even more successful.

Merhna

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmin Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:25 am

Merhna: Ah, lol...I've been working on feedback don't worry Wink Though there has to be a different response for this thread. insha Allah when i get time later on tday, i shall respond, bi'ithnillah.

Jazaaki Allah khayr for ur feedback. Anyone else? Criticism is welcome - we are willing to fix any mistakes for future events, insha Allah.

baarak Allaahu feekum.
Yasmin
Yasmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmin Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:24 am

Ok, here's my feed-back...

Monday: I had to leave early for class, so im not 100% sure on how things went in the end, so i'll be referring to what happened when I was there. I think we spent too much time on preparing food/serving, instead of giving da'wah. The showbags were easy to give out, but we should have had taken the time to get bro/sis to have a chat about Islam to the non-Muslims whilst they were eating. I'm not too sure on how it went on the brothers side, but maybe we should have had a da'wah table down that end aswell or a brother *permanently* on the table where some sisters were aswell.

Tuesday: I enjoyed this day very much so, al-hamdulillaah. The only problems that we would need to fix for next year would be:

- Make sure there are 2 laptops on the bro and sis side, for the screenings. My laptop snapped at me last minute and a sister (may Allah preserve her) went home and brang her laptop.

- Also, I felt that the projector idea wasn't that effective as sometimes it got too loud and no one seemed to be listening.

- We lacked volunteers on this day. Al-hamdulillaah, I had to miss a v. Important class b/c we didn't have much people who would talk to/welcome the non-Muslims.

Wednesday: I think the brothers were on the da’wah table most of the time, so i’m not too sure how that went. But we should have had some volunteers standing around the mini oval ground and talking to non-Muslims that were standing around or sitting there.

Also, even though the food was delish and ran out fast, wal-hamdulillaah, we didn’t have enough savoury food. I think this was b/c of the whole food inspection issue and the bro/sis that were cooking wanted to be on the safe side.

Thursday: If the goal of this day was to have non-Muslims interact with us via sport, then it would have been a success for the brothers and a failure for the sisters – though we did have some good fun.

Maybe the sisters can have a different type of event on that day to the brothers. Like have a traditional clothing/mini picnic in the mosque with some non-Muslims. Or a screening?

Friday: Sh. Abu Adnan (hafidhahullah) made this night for me. I’m not too sure if there was much non-Muslims there, but masha Allah we had lots of bro/sis from outside the university. So, advertising must have worked well, al-hamdulillaah. Also, we’ve had some Muslims contact us about attending our events/future events, as they were impressed, masha Allah.

In regards to having non-Muslims present on this night, maybe next year we can work on getting those who come to our events to attend most of our events and especially our lecture night.

and that's my feedback...
Was-Salam
Yasmin
Yasmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merhna Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:30 am

Wow... great feedback Yasmin mashallah, I agree with you on everything that you said.

JazaakAllahi Khair.

Can people outside the committee please give us feedback as well!!!

Merhna

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down