LTUIS Forum
Salamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,
Welcome to La Trobe University Islamic Society Forum.

If you are not a member, please take the time to register.
Alternatively if you are already a member please sign in below,

Enjoy your stay,

Salamu Alaikum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

LTUIS Forum
Salamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,
Welcome to La Trobe University Islamic Society Forum.

If you are not a member, please take the time to register.
Alternatively if you are already a member please sign in below,

Enjoy your stay,

Salamu Alaikum
LTUIS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many times should he call a non-muslim to islaam?

+6
convertgirl
ZaidGuy
Ladan
buriedaway_4536
PaLo $oLdieR
Yasmin
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How many times should he call a non-muslim to islaam? Empty How many times should he call a non-muslim to islaam?

Post by Yasmin Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:17 pm

For up to many times should we conduct Islamic lectures to a group of non-muslims who seems not interested to what we are conveying. We are a volunteer dawah brothers and we use to visit workshops, factories, hospitals to make dawah. Oftentimes we make a visit which last 4 to 5 times in one place. But we noticed nobody is listening. Some only stayed just because the owner of the establishment ordered (obliges) them to attend.

Praise be to Allaah.

We ask Allaah to reward you with good, and to bless your work and your efforts.

There is no specific number of times that you should give lectures to those whom you mention. That depends on the number of places you visit and the time that is given to you, and the extent to which the people are responsive. The daa’iyah is required to be wise in giving da’wah. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would try to choose the right time for preaching to his companions so that they would not get bored, and this is how you should be. Strive to call people to Islam in a way that is better, and choose suitable times and places for da’wah.

The daa’iyah should not despair if he makes da’wah time after time and sees little response. Hearts are in the hand of Allaah, and all the daa’iyah has to do is to convey the message. A word that the daa’iyah thinks little of may have an effect on a person’s heart years later, and may be the cause of his being guided.

In order for this word to bear fruit, it should be accompanied with a smile, compassion and a sincere desire to save these poor people and bring them forth from the darkness of kufr and atheism. If the daa’iyah can add some money or help to his words, let him do so, for that give credibility to the values and principles to which he is calling people, and may prepare people’s hearts to accept the goodness that comes to them and remove any hatred, resistance and objections.

Also strive to solve any problems that these people may have with their bosses at work. This will have a great effect in softening their hearts towards the daa’iyah. Long ago the poet said:

Be kind to people, you will win their hearts…

Even better than that is the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning):

“The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal. Repel (the evil) with one which is better (i.e. Allaah orders the faithful believers to be patient at the time of anger, and to excuse those who treat them badly) then verily he, between whom and you there was enmity, (will become) as though he was a close friend”

[Fussilat 41:34]

You should leave with these people something that they can look at in their spare time, when you are not there, such as pamphlets and booklets. If a person thinks about the truth when he is on his own, he is more likely to accept it and submit to it.

Part of your da’wah should be addressed to the bosses themselves, advising them to treat these workers well and to show them the good morals and attitudes of Islam. Often that is a cause of the workers embracing Islam, just as the bad attitude of a boss and his mistreatment of his workers may be a cause of their resisting Islam.

May Allaah help you to guide others and make you truly guided.

And Allaah knows best.

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/11865/dawah
Yasmin
Yasmin

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2008-03-26

http://www.sayingsofthesalaf.net

Back to top Go down

How many times should he call a non-muslim to islaam? Empty Re: How many times should he call a non-muslim to islaam?

Post by PaLo $oLdieR Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:37 am

jzakumAllahu khayr for the encouragemnt
PaLo $oLdieR
PaLo $oLdieR
Admin

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2008-03-21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zusYVHXJpHU

Back to top Go down

How many times should he call a non-muslim to islaam? Empty Re: How many times should he call a non-muslim to islaam?

Post by Yasmin Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:22 am

wa iyakum...

May Allah reward the shuyookh on islamqa for their endless efforts, ameen.
Yasmin
Yasmin

Back to top Go down

Post by buriedaway_4536 Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:26 am

I heard a lecture by Khalid Yaseen at about three o'clock in the morning that said something excellent.
It encouraged that we all dedicate 10 minutes a day for daw'ah insha'Allah everyday.
This way, with repeated efforts insha'Allah we'll get a shahada a year. Smile
buriedaway_4536
buriedaway_4536

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladan Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:49 am

what happened to the daw'ah table that was on last year??

Ladan

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by ZaidGuy Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:18 pm

salam were slowly setting up a table with dawah material.Alhamdullillah....we just started doing it today.
But we need more volunteer people so we can set a time table for setting up the dawah table so any helpers are welcomed.
ZaidGuy
ZaidGuy

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by convertgirl Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:23 am

prob not the right section for this but i think the muslims guys AND girls need to be more united on campus... do things as a COLLECTIVE rather than segregated

convertgirl

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ZaidGuy Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:23 pm

Salam
Convertgirl it's nice to meet you.
I'm a convert to islam as well wallahi it makes me so happy to hear from other reverts.
I don't understand what you mean ?
Do you mean be more involved with eachother so we can improve things in the islamic soceity?
ZaidGuy
ZaidGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by convertgirl Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:29 am

yes thats exactly what I mean Zaid...
There needs to be more events/stalls etc. and more interaction between the male and female muslims... and before ppl start going on about segregation, lets remember at the time of the prophet SAW, men and women bid salaams on the streets and there was NO SEGREGATION IN THE MOSQUE...

whats the point of the muslims on campus SOMETIMES working together when they have to then ignoring each other on the way to class? PEES ME OFF

convertgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by convertgirl Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:30 am

p.s nice to meet you to
are you aussie?

convertgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by ZaidGuy Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:34 pm

lol yeah i'm australian.

but i don't know much about people's opinion on this topic but we are interacting a bit more i think were not shunning the other agender away.

But we are talking to eachother in the society and were trying to put together some events inshallah.
so slowly slowly were getting there Smile
ZaidGuy
ZaidGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by convertgirl Tue May 05, 2009 2:57 am

soooooooooo
i put my name down for the dawa table:D

convertgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by convertgirl Tue May 05, 2009 4:34 am

uh, yay for me bounce

convertgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by ZaidGuy Wed May 06, 2009 11:34 am

lol i know i was there.. thanks for signing up by the way Smile
ZaidGuy
ZaidGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by convertgirl Wed May 06, 2009 1:22 pm

no probs but when am i gonna hear from someone about the dawa table?

convertgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubah Thu May 07, 2009 12:58 am

who is doing the dawah table with you convertgirl?
Ubah
Ubah

Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Abu_Qatadah Thu May 07, 2009 4:39 am

salamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

in regards to Dawah know that our mission is only to convey
Allah says: “It is not your responsibility to guide people but it is Allah who guides whomever He wills”
you can call some one as many times as u want but if their heart is sealed and none can open it except Allah.
And in regards to segregation, subhanallah we cant have boys and Girls mingling remember shaitan is always there, and we are youths we might think that its ok but in reality we are following the footsteps of the shaitain.
In the times of the sahabas the men and women would great but wouldnt pass beyond that point. The mosque was segregated in that the men prayed behind the women.

May Allah forgive Every muslim the young and Old, the dead and the living Ameen ya samee3adua

Abu_Qatadah

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by convertgirl Thu May 07, 2009 5:04 am

YOU ubah... noones told me anything yet... im beginning to think i'm not GOOD enough for the dawa table:(

convertgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by convertgirl Thu May 07, 2009 5:04 am

Abu_Qatadah wrote:salamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

in regards to Dawah know that our mission is only to convey
Allah says: “It is not your responsibility to guide people but it is Allah who guides whomever He wills”
you can call some one as many times as u want but if their heart is sealed and none can open it except Allah.
And in regards to segregation, subhanallah we cant have boys and Girls mingling remember shaitan is always there, and we are youths we might think that its ok but in reality we are following the footsteps of the shaitain.
In the times of the sahabas the men and women would great but wouldnt pass beyond that point. The mosque was segregated in that the men prayed behind the women.

May Allah forgive Every muslim the young and Old, the dead and the living Ameen ya samee3adua

and you are?

convertgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Abu_Qatadah Thu May 07, 2009 5:11 am

The Slave of Allah

Abu_Qatadah

Back to top Go down

Post by convertgirl Thu May 07, 2009 7:14 am

mmm ok

convertgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by ZaidGuy Sat May 09, 2009 8:25 am

Hey sorry we haven't called yet were still trying to finalise the roster we got alot of people alhamdulillah so we should be ready by this week we'll give people a call.
inshallah

Abu qatadah your right god does guide those he mays thank god i've have experinced that myself. The table aims @ being there for people who are interested in islam we don't force it onto people.We just supply people with the right infomation only if they approach us and thats what the table is for.We tried it for a couple days and people have geuinely came up to us wanting to know Islam.I don't know if there hearts are sealed or not but at least were there to help out.You know what i mean.

anyway try and help us out at the table if you can it would be a great contribution to the society.
ZaidGuy
ZaidGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Abu_Qatadah Sat May 09, 2009 8:48 am

Allahmadullilah rabbi 3alameen

Jazakhallahu Khairan
insha allah i will try to commit to this
hear from you soon

Abu_Qatadah

Back to top Go down

Post by convertgirl Sat May 09, 2009 9:26 am

you BETTER put me on the table with someone Zaid

convertgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Yasmin Sat May 09, 2009 9:49 am

Jaime, don't worry habib - you're on with some sisters insha Allaah. May Allaah reward you for your efforts, ameen.
Yasmin
Yasmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next